Entrada destacada

Libre

sábado, 3 de octubre de 2020

Herds and hordes

When herds become hordes,
when fires light the night,
when blood, sand and dirt
cover their new faces.
Now we live that moment,
Remember then, my friend,
the huts in the vast meadow,
ours horses and bows.
We rode in the fresh air.
No fear, no time, no death.
We and the world were new.
I can hear now your song.
A woman at your side,
an old tree, chess and bread.
Gentle breeze, a cold sword.
I hear again your song,
Here, under the stone.
Don't let me in the marble!
Take my corpse to the grass.
I will feed the mices,
will the worms clean my skull.
No burial mound, no words,
nor honours neither thoughts.
Don't let me here my friend!
Forget my foolish orders,
my stupid conceit.
Take today my shoulder
in the old way you did.
Let's look at the blue sky
till the cold in the night.
Listen to me, my brother!
We will find our women,
will our children kiss us.
Hold my hand like a lover
takes his beloved's hands.
Let's spend the whole death
evoking the old days,
water, milk, wind and fire.
To win, to lose, to live.
Give me, Lord, one day more.
One day to disdain thrones,
to tear up silky clothes,
one day to dismiss armies;
one day to become nothing.
One day to deserve a beautiful end.
I'll be no one again,
a child, a blade, a sheep.
Then I will disappear
like water on the grass.
I'll have a good man's death.
Nobody will ever remember me.
Nothing on earth becomes alien to me.
The horde is now a herd.
Smooth wind moves the leaves.
The emperor's name
lays on the grave.












No hay comentarios: